WHAT is No-Mow-May?
- No-Mow-May is a conservation initiative to promote healthy habitat for people & pollinators.
- Residents let their lawns grow – just during the month of May.
- Let wildflowers blossom for pollinators.
- Register by Friday, April 21st!
- Call 607-753-1741 to register.
- We rely on bees & their allies to pollinate 100 crops nationwide.
- Steep declines in insect populations affect our food production.
- We protect pollinator food supplies & habitat, so we can sustain our own.
HOW to participate?
- Register with the Code Enforcement Office.
- Phone 607-753-1741 by Friday, April 21st to receive a Certificate of Participation.
- Post your certificate at your front door or window.
- Let the lawn & wildflowers grow during the month of May.
- There is no cost to sign-up!
- During May 2023 – If you register, you will not incur a lawn code violation for grass over 6” tall.
- The program ends May 31st.
- Be sure to Mow your Lawn by Monday, June 5th.
Download No Mow May Brochure Here